5 Reasons Why We Like Aluminum Mounted Digital Prints.
Before I get started, let me just say that we’re not referring to the popular “metal prints” here where the ink is applied directly to the metal in a dye sublimation process. Our aluminum prints are made by printing to professional grade photo paper and mounting the image onto 1/8″ thick raw aluminum. Why do we do it this way? For one, you get a superior color gamut not to mention far less risk of fading over time. Our inks are rated to last 100 years whereas even quality metal prints are rated to last around 50 years (yes, still a long time!). The problem with some metal prints manufacturers is that they use cheap inks and cheap metal and we’ve heard of some of these fading in mere months. If you’re a photographer reselling your work this could be disastrous so know what you are buying and how they are made.
Here are 5 reasons why our aluminum prints can be a great choice for your wall!
1) Aluminum is a modern and fashionable way to display photography. I’ve seen professional photographers show their work in galleries using aluminum panels.
2) Besides being one of my favorite option for displaying photographs, aluminum displayed photographs look great in any home decor.
3) These aluminum panels are recyclable and stainless although considering you’re getting quite a bit of raw aluminum which carries some value, don’t recycle for free 🙂 We’re guessing you won’t need to consider this option since your aluminum print will look awesome for many years to come.
4) Aluminum is very durable. You will never have to worry about dinging up the corners with this material unless of course it’s a significant drop on the corner. Please don’t do this 🙂
5) The aluminum we use is 1/8″ thick and floats 3/4″ off the wall. This gives it a sleek and modern floating off the wall look